Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

My rent is past due and my landlord refused to take the full

Customer Question

My rent is past due and my landlord refused to take the full payment due for May, 2016 unless I paid the month of June in advance as will totaling over $2000 all at once. she also took some belongings out of my apartment as collateral until I paid and still locked me out of my apartment. Now since she refused to accept May's rent I've had to use some of my rent money to stay in a hotel really putting me in a bind. is there any thing I can do to save the place I've come to call home at least until my lease is up in September? Please help me.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Do you have a written lease that is valid till this September?

How did the landlord gain access to your rental unit and what belongings did the landlord take?

Please provide me with more details.