Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

My garage door has broken and my landlord denied repair -

Customer Question

My garage door has broken and my landlord denied repair - who is responsible? Is this considered tenant maintenance? If so does the 'garage' have to be cited in the lease?
The garage 'system' is a bit old and creeky - when shutting it today it failed half way, many of the wheels came off and we had to manually shut it - locking my vehicle inside. I skimmed through my lease and really don't see how this is my responsibility.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Did it simply break and come apart, or did you do anything that caused this to happen?

What do you mean the claim was rejected? Are you saying the landlord refused to repair the door?