Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My garage door has broken and my landlord denied repair -

Customer Question

My garage door has broken and my landlord denied repair - who is responsible? Is this considered tenant maintenance? If so does the 'garage' have to be cited in the lease?
The garage 'system' is a bit old and creeky - when shutting it today it failed half way, many of the wheels came off and we had to manually shut it - locking my vehicle inside. I skimmed through my lease and really don't see how this is my responsibility.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did it simply break and come apart, or did you do anything that caused this to happen?

.

What do you mean the claim was rejected? Are you saying the landlord refused to repair the door?

.

.

thanks