Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

A tennent turned off another residents water because he was

Customer Question

a tennent turned off another residents water because he was mad. I apologized to tennent and told them it would not happen again and put the offending resident on probation. Am i required to grant the Offended resident an early release from our lease agreement with no notice/
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

No, you did not breach the lease and are not necessarily liable for a third party's misconduct.

You may want to evict the tenant who shut off the water, but you have no legal obligation to terminate the lease.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.