Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

We bought a house in Holmen WI at sheriff's sale in late

Customer Question

We bought a house in Holmen WI at sheriff's sale in late April. Wells Fargo had the mortgage but it doesn't appear that they took ownership of the property. We found out after the sale that there is $10,000 of delinquent property taxes owed on the property, which includes about $2000 from the city of Holmen for utilities and lawn mowing.
The confirmation hearing is June 7. Is there some way that we can use the confirmation hearing to force Wells Fargo to pay for some or all of these delinquent property taxes or even just the part that is utilities and lawn mowing?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to answering your legal question today.

Did you receive an owner's title policy when you purchased the property? Do you have a mortgage?

Did you purchase from the owners or the lender?

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Are you online with me?