Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I signed a year lease Jan 1, 2016. My landlord came to the

Customer Question

I signed a year lease Jan 1, 2016. My landlord came to the house yesterday and told me he is putting the house on the market and I have to move out by June 30, 2016. The septic tank is backed up as of yesterday and he told me I have to pay for him to get it fixed. He seems to think that 3 people in 5 months can clog a septic tank. What are my rights in this situation? As of now our water system is not working. I have a special needs daughter that lives with me.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.When does the lease expire? Does it have a provision for early termination?Does the lease provide that the tenant is responsible for repair and maintenance of the septic system?