Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a home in maryland that is being rented and there was

Customer Question

i have a home in maryland that is being rented and there was a snake in the house. i called a pest company and they did not find anything. whom is responsible for that
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: ok
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: thats it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Maryland landlord-tenant State law is silent as to the matter of pest control payment responsibility. However, some county/city ordinances have provisions that in general require the landlord to cover costs of pest control. A lease agreement may address the issue and provide a provision of who is responsible. Most State landlord-tenant laws hold the property owner accountable for pest control costs. In cases like this if I were representing a landlord, unless the issue was clearly caused by the tenant, it is not worth the hassle to get tenant to pay. In the future I would suggest putting in a provision in a lease agreement about pest control. What City and County is the rental home located?