Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

Had a porch roof attached to a manufactured home by American

Customer Question

had a porch roof attached to a manufactured home by American Home Design, after completed, building inspector came out to give ok, and he said it shouldn't have been attached to manufactured home. He would only pass it if extra beams and post were put up. this is not what I want. The contractor got a building permit for a home not a manufactured home and a construction value $2,000 not $11,000, what it was to cost me. I told the contractor to take the roof down or I would pay him the $2,000 for the value, because this not what was on the original contract. what legal rights do I have?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Was there a warranty in your contract? Did the warranty state the construction would be in accordance with applicable code?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
just wanted to know if I have any rights?
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Yes, I understand. Your rights are tied to the contract.

Either way, your contractor has breached their warranty to perform the construction in a professional manner.

However, your remedies may be limited or defined by any written warranty in your contract.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry reading warranty now
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

ok

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you still online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Posted in error.