Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Can we be made to fix a garage door that leaks tenant to

Customer Question

Can we be made to fix a garage door that leaks for a tenant to live in. She has decided she wants to have a den in the garage now she wants us to fix it so she can live in it.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  NYFamilyAttorney replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues, employment and contract law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.

At the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you today. Thanks! Please note: I want to help you but I may need some additional information from you.

This is a house that the tenant wants to rent or is she already renting? She has access to the entire house or just an apartment?

I will be back to check on this question in a little while after I see that you have viewed it, okay? I'll be back soon to answer your question but I need this information from you. Thanks!

Expert:  NYFamilyAttorney replied 4 months ago.

Hi, just checking in to see if you still need help with your question. I need the information before I can help you so I'm just checking in. Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want an attorney. I thought I would but I do not. I sent and email telling the next day I did not want it.

Okay, you would have to contact customer service. Do you need help from me today?