Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

How long dose a person have to live in a home to establish a

Customer Question

How long dose a person have to live in a home to establish a residency in home in california I was told if we lived in the home less then 30day the land lord has the right to thro us out
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
That is technically correct based on California landlord tenant law. If a person is in a residence for less than 30 days, the land lord need only give three days notice to have them removed from the premises. The landlord can terminate the tenancy by giving the tenant only three days' advance written notice if the tenant has done any of the following:Failed to pay the rent.Violated any provision of the lease or rental agreement.Materially damaged the rental property ("committed waste").Substantially interfered with other tenants ("committed a nuisance").Committed domestic violence or sexual assault against, or stalked another tenant or subtenant on the premises.Used the rental property for an unlawful purpose.Engaged in drug dealing, unlawfully used, cultivated, imported, or manufactured illegal drugs.Using the building or property to conduct dogfighting or cockfighting.Unlawful conduct involving weapons or ammunition. If the tenant is on a month to month lease, the the landlord is supposed to give 30 days notice to have them removed from the premises, if there are not other issues. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE Stars). Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any other questions or concerns?
Just checking back with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. I want you to be as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks