Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

How do I record a quit claim deed from my deceased ex

Customer Question

how do I record a quit claim deed from my deceased ex husbans from 1987?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. You can just take the deed to the county clerk's office and pay the recording fee. They don't care when it was signed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the property in question is a time share week in Florida, while Iive in Illinois. Dos it matter which State it's recorded in for resale?
it has to be recorded in the state and county where the property is located.
If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.