WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I am being fined my property on my lanai because I am not

Customer Question

I am being fined for having my property on my lanai because I am not moving fast enough . This area is NOT visible from sidewalks -one must push bushes to be offended. My alcoholic neighbor complains about flower petals on the walk.I suggested she not look! There are RULES....I tried to comply by having the movers put way too much inside so I can hardly move and certainly can't sort anything. I had everything in storage for years many broken items as a result of move,many lost -trying t o list all is a challenge. I've done medicare,insurances,car troubles and health issues along with 5 visits to court -finallydismissed...I am 72 and have discovered I can't exist on4 hours sleep anymore.I just make expenses on social security.I on my condo and car. I knew it would be tight since my pension was cancelled. The HOA in the spirit of aloha is taking my maintenance fee to apply to my fines @ $250 every 3-4 days. I bought a storage shed and paid to have a man install..@$40 an hour and 10 handymen laterI am out of gas! After planning to move to PARADISE HA HA since 1977-I may have to leave
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 10 months ago.

I am so sorry for your troubles in Paradise. I suggest that you request the HOA to refund the fines and go to a board meeting and make the request in person. I also think they are being unreasonable since nobody can see the items from the street, as you say they need to push aside bushes.

If the HOA won't refund, I suggest you hire a lawyer through the legal aid society which will be very low cost to pursue them.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.