Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a tenant/landlord problem. Last week my landlord gave

Customer Question

I have a tenant/landlord problem. Last week my landlord gave me an ultimatum to buy the house that I live and rent through his real estate agent and use the lender designated for the transaction by the agent at the time there was a two week dead line I have one week left.. I have lived here 8 plus years and have been a good renter. I have always paid on time and the amount requested of me. I have been living here without a contract. I think that the "asking" price is elevated for the neighborhood. Also I am 65 years old and have never attempted to buy a house. This is over whelming me.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. i am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Do you have a written lease for a fixed term currently in effect?What is alternative to buying the house?