J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

I closed a checking acct @ US Bank 3wks later I find out

Customer Question

I closed a checking acct @ US Bank 3wks later I find out they did not close it but are adding fees & late charges ,they took all the money out of another acct I had w/them and then turned it over to a collection agency w/out any calls or letters, they will not return my calls, I am selling my place and wanting to buy another house a collection is a black eye on my credit report. this is on an acct that was not closed properly by the bank that much I did get them to say. Has the bank committed fraud , by taking my money ? There is more to this but I shortened as much as I could .
Donald
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. It is unlikely fraud unless the bank did it intentionally. However, it is negligence and not surprising from a large bank. Before hiring a lawyer you may want to consider filing a complaint with both the Federal Reserve and the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. These agencies have the authority to fine the bank and to remedy the situation. The links to file complaints are below: https://www.federalreserveconsumerhelp.govhttp://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/ A complaint can also be filed with the Ohio Attorney General: http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/consumercomplaint In addition, you should dispute the information listed with the credit bureaus: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0151-disputing-errors-credit-reports All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! Please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter. Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).
Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).