Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

Aloha, Found this on-line- 1. In multi-claim or multi-party

Customer Question

Found this on-line-
1. In multi-claim or multi-party circuit court cases, a final judgment is not appealable unless it identifies the claims and the parties for which the judgment is entered and unless it resolves, on its face, all claims against all parties. Jenkins v. Cades Schutte Fleming & Wright, 76 Hawai`i 115, 119-20, 869 P.2d 1334, 1338-39 (1994).My Notice of Appeal did not include an excused Defendant, how do I add him?
Thank you,
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Aloha and mahalo ***** *****
The excused defendant, if you want him back in the case, you would have to file an amended notice of appeal or an amended appeal if your appeal brief has been filed already. Unless this dismissed defendant is essential to your case, most times it is not worth the trouble, since once they were dismissed they did not have anything to do with the case later.