Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

Is there a statue of limitations on fileing a grievence, I

Customer Question

Is there a statue of limitations on fileing a grievence, I should have recieved around 1.8 million from my parents estate trustbut my brother says im not intitaled to because he is the execture
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The statute of limitations for filing a dispute of an estate would be 120 days from the hearing where the will was accepted by the court. If you hired a lawyer and he did not pursue the money you have due, something is wrong here and you need to get another probate attorney to file a will contest to challenge the estate and your distribution share of the estate based on what the will states. Just because he is executor does not mean you get nothing, it means that he distributes the assets in accordance to the will. If there is no will, then you are both entitled to 1/2 share of the estate money and your attorney should have gotten that for you, if he did not, then you need to get another attorney to pursue your share.