Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Give me info on reduceing renters in our HOA

Customer Question

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA Ray here to help you today. The HOA and their board would need to propose rule changes to limit the numbers or percentage of rentals allowed in the subdivision.The board passes it and then it is scheduled for a meeting of the membership and membership votes on it like any change in the CCRs/ covenants here. Sample rules of this nature to limit rentals. http://www.fairwoodcommunitynews.com/HOAs_General%20Intros/Fairwood%20West%20HOA/FWWestRentalHomeRulesRegulations.pdf This has become very common for HOAs here to adopt such rules both in PA and elsewhere to keep property values up and the subdivision looking better, etc. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best.