Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Have tenant, Michael, rents downstairs of my home who is

Customer Question

Have tenant, Michael, rents downstairs of my home who is bipolar and traumatic brain injury. I'm 79 years old. He has been reported twice to Elder Abuse for the way he talks to me. He slams doors, puts holes in my wall, then repairs them,breaks remote controls hits his own head and has thrown pet animals when frustrated. Pets were not injured. He has saved up money to buy a Volzwagen Bus but has seizures and can't drive till seizure free long enough for his doctor to allow him to drive. My son and he had conflict over his disrespect and my son was afraid for him to stay here. Michael agreed to let Ken take him to a motel but left and has been gone all night. Michael has not threatened or physically abused me, has lived here 8 Years but because of his unstableness I am fearful about allowing him to stay here the whole 60 days it is required. Can I evict him with a restraining order if he won't let us move him out right away?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
You can obtain a Restraining Order to prevent him for coming back the the house. You can go to the Police Station today to apply for the Restraining Order. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.