Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a home that a seller financed about 7 years ago. I

Customer Question

I have a home that a seller financed for me about 7 years ago. I paid the seller for several years. I found out that the seller had been keeping may parents and not paying the bank. So, I stopped paying the seller. The seller has since filed bankruptcy and I am getting letters from the bank that they plan to foreclose. I would like to keep the home but the bank won't talk to me. The seller won't talk to me because they don't feel that they are obligated any more because the bankruptcy has gone through and they are no longer "on the hook." I have put about 500K of my own money into the home and want to buy it. I need a recommendation on how to proceed. Thank you!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Alex,That's definitely not helpful to my situation. Can you ensure I will not be charged for this?Brian