LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

I'm looking at a property that includes in the listing the

Customer Question

I'm looking at a property that includes in the listing the restriction "No manufactured homes." The property is zoned for commercial forest and rural residential use, is not part of a planned development, and does not appear to be part of an HOA. There do not appear to be any country records that support the listed restriction.
The building conditions are challenging, but are well suited to a prefabricated or modular structure. How can I figure out whether this restriction is enforceable or even a real requirement?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If the restriction that you are referring to is set out in the deed of the property, then regardless of whether there is an HOA or other organized community, the deed restriction is enforceable. Deed restrictions on property may be place by any seller and may be enforced by anyone effected by the violation of the deed restriction. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug