Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

Domestic partner passed away left me quick claim deed, was

Customer Question

domestic partner passed away left me quick claim deed, was not exucuted correctly, turned in will and trust. need to know how to fix problem
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. 1) What do you mean it was not executed correctly? Please be specific.2) What do you mean turned in will and trust? Please clarify. Thanks. This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
letter from county states grantor's name is ***** ***** the notary acknowledgement on the above reference instrument, mor specifically the notary is acknowledging the name of the witness not the name of ***** ***** the grantor
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. If the grantor has passed away, I do not know of a way to remedy the situation unless the Excutor/Trustee is willing and able to give the property to you. And it sounds like they are not. I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts who may some other ideas.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.
If your partner signed the deed, and the mistake is only in the notary jurat part, then the notary should be able to correct the jurat, not by whiting it out, but by attaching a corrected jurat form to the original deed. The correction should serve to get the deed recorded and the ownership transferred on the books and records of the county. If no one ever tries to challenge the legality of the deed, then future title examiners should have no problem with it.
Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive.