texlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their real estate questions and experienced in real estate litigation.

I have neighbors. they have 6 people in a 2 room studio (4

Customer Question

I have neighbors. they have 6 people in a 2 room studio (4 children and 2 adults. They are being evicted for too many living in the apartment. They have been there for 4 years, the last 2 years with 6 people. They are having trouble finding a new place to live. They founda apartment, but the tenants aren't moving till August. My neighbors are trying to get the landlord to give them a commitment so they can give to our existing landlord. If so they can stay until the existing tenants move from the new apartment.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  texlawyer replied 5 months ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.Essentially, they can stay as long as the current landlord allows them to. It will be totally in his discretion. That is, if he wants them to stay, he can let them. If he doesn't, they can't.