Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I am trying to find out how close a commercial neighborhood

Customer Question

I am trying to find out how close a commercial neighborhood park playset can be built to a home's property line?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I live in Delaware.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My property is to the right. Park built just a month ago to the left.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
1. What city are you in?2. Are you saying that there is a fee to use the playset? Is it privately owned?3. Who owns the neighboring land?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Townsend, Delaware. There is no fee to use but we pay an HOA fee of $100 a month. I am not sure who owns the land since we have several diff builders. The playset was put up by Civic Association
It is so close to our home and facing it. With 11 acres there was no need to place it where they did. I have kids running all over my property. This is not where the playset for the park was to be placed 10 years ago in the original layout.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Here is your zoning ordinance. I am not seeing anything in there that would address this. You may have to check your HOA covenants, rules and regulations to see if there is any zoning limitation for this type of park. I will opt out of the question so another expert can try to assist you. Your deposit is still in tact.