Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  real estate law
10707909

My neighbor is putting fill and cutting trees on land that I

Customer Question

My neighbor is putting fill and cutting trees on land that I claim is mine per A2 survey. Surveyer will be here in two days to mark the property line, in the mean time my arrogant neighbor continues to put fill on my land. My estimate is 15 or 20 yards of fill on my land. What must I do and how much will it cost me to evict him from my land?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 6 months ago.
Hello​This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. I suggest you put in writing to him that he is trespassing. You have a surveyor coming on whatever date and request he cease and desist immediately until the boundaries can be properly marked. Tell him that if he does not, and you need to bring the matter to court, you will request the court order him to pay your associated legal fees and also you will be seeking a judgment for any and all damage he causes to your property and to have it repaired. This letter should be overnighted to him. That way you can show the court you were reasonable and it is only because of the neighbor that you are in court. Now, you can also go to court and file a suit for an injunction to have a court order him to stop until the property is surveyed. You can talk to the clerk of the court and see if you can get an emergency injunction because you have made a written request and he continues. Take photos and also proof that the surveyor is scheduled.
This is a terrible situation but you need to take the steps if you want to be possibly be successful should the land be yours and he is destroying it.
Please let me know if you have other questions. Otherwise, a positive rating will ensure I get credit for my time and information. Thank you