Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

My name is***** to whom this may concern I am buying a house

Customer Question

Hello my name is*****
to whom this may concern I am buying a house in del rio Texas. I was wanting to know if I can back out of the contract because of the work being done by the contractor is not being done properly and I have to fille for another extension 2nd one because he hasn't finished and has had plenty of time to finish. Also will I lose my earnest money?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. Can you attach a copy of the contract that you signed for the purchase of the home? The terms of the contact would set out under what circumstances the contract can be cancelled and when the earnest money must be returned.
Are you with me?
It is quite possible you may have a way out of the contract, however, I would need to read the terms to see if you will be able to have your earnest money refunded.