Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Real Estate Agnecy put sign on my property. I am not selling

Customer Question

Real Estate Agnecy put sign FOR SALE on my property. I am not selling house and I dont have any business with that real estate agency. I was renting house and interested party came to see the house and saw sign for sale and decided not to rent as he didnt know if I will sell the house soon. I want to sue real estate agent for potential loss and transpassing
Can I?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the agent was negligent in placing the sign and caused you damage, then you can indeed sue the agent for trespass and the damage their negligence caused you in the loss of a tenant. The agent is liable for their negligent conduct and trespass, you would have the burden of producing proof there was a tenant and they did choose not to rent when they saw the sign.