Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My car was towed from my complex because my resident sticker

Customer Question

My car was towed from my complex because my resident sticker was expired. When I renewed my lease, no one mention that I needed a new sticker. I've spoken to my leasing office who does have paperwork that says I needed to bring the original sticker back to get a new one, however the leasing office did not retain a copy proving that it was sent to me (all other paperwork is dated with my unit number) Out of principal, I'm willing to see this through to small claims court, do I have a case?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
you do. If you are a resident you car should not be towed even if you have an expired sticker. The management should have sent you a notice that the sticker needed to be replaced and without the evidence that it was sent you, the management must refund the towing fees to you. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.