RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

I was married and divorced over 8 years ago, in the court

Customer Question

I was married and divorced over 8 years ago, in the court paperwork she gave up all rights to the house how do I get her taken off the deed
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.Your ex-wife just needs to sign a quit-claim deed, transferring her interest in the property over to you. This should have been done soon after the divorce (often the court order will set a time limit for it to be done, such as within 90 days). If your ex-wife refuses to sign the deed transferring her interest, then you'll have to file a contempt motion against her from the Family law court for her disobeying the court order. If you need clarification or additional information, please reply and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/happy faces before signing out, so I am credited for my time and assistance today. Thank you!
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.
Did you have any further questions about my answer that I can clarify? If not, I would kindly ask again for you to please leave me a positive rating by clicking on the stars, as experts are not employees of this site, and we are only compensated when you remember to leave a positive rating. Thank you!