How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 11957
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married and divorced over 8 years ago, in the court

Customer Question

I was married and divorced over 8 years ago, in the court paperwork she gave up all rights to the house how do I get her taken off the deed
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.Your ex-wife just needs to sign a quit-claim deed, transferring her interest in the property over to you. This should have been done soon after the divorce (often the court order will set a time limit for it to be done, such as within 90 days). If your ex-wife refuses to sign the deed transferring her interest, then you'll have to file a contempt motion against her from the Family law court for her disobeying the court order. If you need clarification or additional information, please reply and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/happy faces before signing out, so I am credited for my time and assistance today. Thank you!
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.
Did you have any further questions about my answer that I can clarify? If not, I would kindly ask again for you to please leave me a positive rating by clicking on the stars, as experts are not employees of this site, and we are only compensated when you remember to leave a positive rating. Thank you!

Related Real Estate Law Questions