Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I had paper draw up a notize it was a rent to own she didn't

Customer Question

i had paper draw up a notize it was a rent to own she didn't have the money when she first moved in and agreed to pay me first and last months rent and the deposit on the house and funiture she bought which was the sum of 5800.00 dollars which was due in march are it void the contract and which i never received and she keep saying it was coming now what do i do about getting her out of my house
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..If the person hasn't paid the rent as agreed, then they are in breach of contract and you can give them a written 7 day notice to pay or vacate and then evict her through the courts if she doesn't pay everything due or move out..If she doesn't pay or move out, you would have to file a formal eviction complaint called a "dispossessory warrant". Once you file the paperwork with the court clerk, the tenant will be served with it by the Sheriff. They will then have 7 days to respond to it. If they file an answer, the court clerk will then notice both sides of the date of the hearing and you both have to appear..At the hearing, you basically both tell your sides of the story. Since she is clearly in breach, she really has no defenses against the eviction so you will get a judgment. The judge can make the eviction order immediate so the Sheriff can physically remove her and her belongings immediately or can set some date in the future. Normally they will give the tenant a few days before you can have the Sheriff throw her out...thanksBarrister