Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

The City of Redding allowed a subdivision to be built north

Customer Question

The City of Redding allowed a subdivision to be built north of our property without proper detention ponds and improper sewage treatment. Because of the improper detention and bootlegged sewage system, part of our property has been washed out (the dirt road) and is silting in wetlands (marsh) at the eastern end of our property. What can we do? We are retired and do not have very little money. How can the legal system help us?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
You would need to file complaint with the City's zoning and planning department to have the developer put proper detention ponds and sewage treatment to avoid further damage to your property. You would have to file this complaint yourself or retain a local Attorney who handles municipal issues to assist you in dealing with City. If the City refuses to assist, then you would have to file lawsuit against the City and the developer. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys: Lawyers.com Justia.com Findlaw.com Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Basically I knew all of this, but you did give me confirmation that we are on the right course
Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.