Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate

My brother passed away this year in Seaford DE and he had a

Customer Question

My brother passed away this year in Seaford DE and he had a mobile home in Seaford at a Mobile home park . I the park owner would like to by it as it and brother had not will so I have to go to Georgetown DE to get and Affidavit samll estate fromthe register of wills and then onto the tax office to tax relase . and then onto the DMV title change . Can I place the tile if he owner on the lot his name of the tax release or what ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you. You have right idea to meet buyer here at DVA and put his name on tax forms as he is buying it and is new legal owner. I always insist on doing this in person to make sure you get it transferred and you get your money.You have the right idea to complete this and this sounds like a good way to sell it and get something for it.
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Step by step here add the small estate affidavit. Step 1:To transfer a mobile home from one Delaware resident to another, the seller must provide the buyer the following documents:A Delaware certificate of title and a letter from the County Receiver of Taxes office stating there are no outstanding taxes owed on the mobile homeThe seller must complete the Assignment of Certificate of Title section 1 on the back of the titleAll sellers must sign the title, unless names on the face of the title appear as and/orStep 2:The buyer must complete the Purchaser's Application on the back of the title. All applicants must provide their driver's license number and date of birthAll buyers must Sign this applicationIf the mobile home is financed, the buyer must complete the Lien Section on the back of the titleDelaware titles do not require a notaryDMV recommends that all parties appear at our office to complete the TransferAll new and used mobile homes from out-of-state:All new and used mobile homes from an out-of-state dealer or individual must have the serial number verified by a Delaware Inspector before a title can be issuedA DMV inspector will provide the new owner with an Application for Title (MV212A)Along with your Application for Title, you will need to provide the following documents: the Certificate of Origin or the existing title; the bill of sale and your Delaware driver's license or other accepted proof of residencyThe signatures of all owners must appear on the application for titleThe Certificate of Origin or out-of-state title must be assigned properlyIf your mobile home has been purchased from out-of-state it will be necessary to verify the notary requirement of that stateStep 3:Fees for Titling mobile homes are as follows:Thirty-five dollars ($35.00) for a title without a lien or fifty-five dollars ($55.00) for a title with a lien; PlusA three and three quarters percent (3.75%) document fee based on the sale price or current NADA trade-in value of the mobile home, whichever is higherMobile Home Serial Number VerificationsThe following facilities will perform serial number verification on mobile homes. Please call the facility closest to the physical address of the mobile home to schedule an appointment for serial number verification:County LocationsPhone NumberSussex County - Georgetown Lane***-***-****Kent County - Dover Lane***-***-****New Castle County - New Castle Lane***-***-****Northern New Castle County - (City of Wilmington)***-***-****
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Here are the local office addresses to do this. Thanks again for the chance to help today and the best here.I don't think you will have any problem doing this.
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Thanks again if you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.