Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I recently bought a new construction and the builder

Customer Question

Hello: I recently bought a new construction and the builder stated we would have a lawn. On the approx .65 acre in the back yard, he brought in no fill or top soil and laid seed over rocky dirt. I have no grass and it will cost between 10 and 15k to get it fixed.
Can I take him to court for this?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Yes, although you will need someone to review the paperwork and see if the term "yard" is defined in it. If not, then it will make the lawsuit a lot more difficult. The lawyer will have to hire an expert that can testify that when the term "yard" is used in this context that it means something other than what you were provided.