Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a tenant that owes month of April. She left

Customer Question

I have a tenant that owes for the month of April.
She left about 20 March 2016 to Nevada for her son to visit with his father who she had Divorced many years ago. Reason for the trip was for the Sons 30th Birthday. Her son is challenged and is mentally about 9 or 10 I don't remember.
She has always paid on time by money order. Last payment was 1 April for $450 which is the total amount for rent. Her income is from the State of Idaho paying for her son.
I went by the house and heard a bird which sounded if he needed help. So I went home and got the house key and had a friend go in the house with me.
I tried to turn on the lights so I could see better and couldn't 't get the lights to come on so I opened the fridge door for light and it didn't come on and stunk so bad I couldn't stand it. I left the front door open for light. I learned the bird needed food and water I learned the water was off also so I went shopping for bird seed to feed the bird.
I placed a 30 day notice in an envelope taped to her door and also taped a notice that I and a friend had been in the house and what we had done
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your legal question is that I can help with tonight?.Have you posted a 3 day notice to pay rent or vacate?..thanksBarrister