Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Special warranty deed name change to my brother name only.

Customer Question

Special warranty deed name change to my brother name only. Probate court on March 29 2016 judgement declaring heirship which states 50/50. He filed Friday may 13 2016 and May 14 2016 brought Realator to house and put on market. Selling house has always been the plan. I moved into the house when our dad became sick. That was ok with my brother. Dad only sick 3 weeks befor he passed. Which I'm a widow. I was easier and more practical for me to make the change. I had Just made the move never thinking dad would only be here 3 weeks. Brother lives in Houston. Someone needed to stay in house for many reasons. Bro has family and his job in Houston and we were told probate would take about 3 months. It took one year. One year in which my life was on hold. My brother resents that I lived in house. Which I don't understand. I have brought the house from the 80's with supplies and items I had to a more current look. I decorate customers house. Christmas is specialty. Realtor and anyone who familiar with house say they really like what I've done. Unfortunately bro hates everything. He seems to be only person with negative voice. Sorry to be dragging out. Just wanted you to catch our differences. Bro has kept all info to himself till last moment when just appears and I'm expected to be available. There is no signal at house 75% of the time and anyone who needs me knows to text. Bro refuses to text so he claims I don't answer my phone. And the fact I may not be home when there was son
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about your loss and this situation. I am not sure what you are asking exactly here, i.e. what can I answer for you in regards ***** ***** probate and property matter? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't see your request for more info
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Here is what I was saying:
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
I am sorry to hear about your loss and this situation. I am not sure what you are asking exactly here, i.e. what can I answer for you in regards ***** ***** probate and property matter?