Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP
93452170

I am a NJ Realtor I have a client who want to rent rooms

Customer Question

Hi I am a NJ Realtor I have a client who want to rent rooms in their large beach house this summer. I need an agreement for the guests as it will extend over 3 months (average 15 weeks).
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: The guests are not related, each room is a seperate guest(s) of the household, no landlord/attendant in the unit.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Real Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: they will be paying weekly, if they vacate early I wast to retain 2 weeks rent.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 6 months ago.
I am a New Jersey real estate attorney, so I can help you. I have drafted and reviewed numerous leases, including those for summer rentals and room rentals. The way this website is set up is we are able to answer questions and provide guidance, but we do not draft documents so I am unable to provide you with a document through this forum. However, I can provide you with links to several lease templates which I find effective for the rental of rooms. Take a look at these links....http://www.tidyforms.com/room-rental-agreement.html http://communityrentals.ucsc.edu/pdf/rental_agreement-FORM.pdfUsing the forms on these links will require you to do some editing to make the document relevant to your situation, but it will be MUCH cheaper than having an attorney draft forms for you. If you use these forms just make sure you use very specific language for any rules and/or clauses you want to be included in the lease.I hope you found this helpful. If so, please provide a rating so I receive credit for responding to you. Also, please feel free to ask follow-up questions. Thanks!