Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

If I purchased a home that was not registered at the

Customer Question

If I purchased a home that was not registered for HOA at the time with the state but had been years before can they make me pay hoa fees after I purchase? Years before I purchased the home they apparently had been registered, but at the time of my purchase they were not registered but now may be registered. I live in Kawnaha county, WV.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 6 months ago.
Hello there ---When you purchased the home a title search should have been done. Were you made aware of the possible HOA that could restrict the land at the time you made the purchase? They should have given you a copy of all of the documents on title at the registry of deeds, which should have included the HOA designation -- either in the deed or in a separate document?-