J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.

How do I get the HOA manager to provide me with an accurate

Customer Question

How do I get the HOA manager to provide me with an accurate allocation and appropriation of my payments? She just keeps telling me that her figures are correct and won't back them up with any reconciliation or explanation. My figures indicate that I have overpaid by $1,000+ and she won't even consider the situation. Who do I go to that is over the HOA manager's head?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. A home owner is entitled to inspect the financial statements of an HOA and distributed to property owners :(###) ###-####Financial report.—In a residential subdivision in which the owners of lots or parcels must pay mandatory maintenance or amenity fees to the subdivision developer or to the owners of the common areas, recreational facilities, and other properties serving the lots or parcels, the developer or owner of such areas, facilities, or properties shall make public, within 60 days following the end of each fiscal year, a complete financial report of the actual, total receipts of mandatory maintenance or amenity fees received by it, and an itemized listing of the expenditures made by it from such fees, for that year. Such report shall be made public by mailing it to each lot or parcel owner in the subdivision, by publishing it in a publication regularly distributed within the subdivision, or by posting it in prominent locations in the subdivision. " see a manager is failing to provide an owner an accounting the board of directors may be provided notice of such and request that they compel the manager to provide the proper accounting as there is a dispute as to the amount paid. If this fails, the alternative is to bring a civil action against the HOA which is neither economical or practical but may be necessary if the party at issue continues to be unreasonable.All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! Please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter. Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).