Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

My dad was buying a building from his brother in April 1998.

Customer Question

My dad was buying a building from his brother in April 1998. In October 1998, a big storm came through and because the roof wasn't fixed my dad lost everything inside. My Uncle gave my dad the building in lew of this. After my dad died, my uncle is now saying the building is his. The deed is in my sister's name. Is the building his or hers?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. 1) Why and how is the deed in your sister's name, if your father purchased the building?2) Did your uncle finance the purchase as well, or, was it a lump sum purchase without any mortgage?
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!