Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.

I am a Real estate agent, representing buyers side in a tranaction.

Customer Question

I am a Real estate agent, representing buyers side in a tranaction. Clients decided to back off before dd period. Delay was caused by me in sending the termination docs as i was tied up trying to figure out that the sellers and their agent had on purpose hidden material facts regarding a major structural issue.
The cluents were taken to court where the judge did not consider this fact at all, ruled in the sellers favor who were seeking earnest money. I felt the right thing to do was for me to pay, they requested me to do the same. Do i have a case to fight? I am 9 months pregnant and under a lot of stress due to this. I need to pay by thursday. I cannot at yhis point afford hefty fees. Please help me.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Did the buyers instruct you to terminate before the end of the due diligence period?
Did anyone make a demand on you to pay or did you volunteer without a claim being made against you?
Does your broker carry errors and omission coverage for you?
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
If you could provide the additional information I requested I will be able to answer your question.