Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I have a neighbor who has set up their trampoline next

Customer Question

hello
I have a neighbor who has set up their trampoline next to my fence. She has teen age boys that use the trampoline and agitate the dogs by using it. I have asked them to move
the trampoline to ma different part of the yard. It falls on deaf ears. What recourse do I have if any? I have even raised the fence line by making a makeshift panel.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Unfortunately, your options for this are pretty limited. And, if you asked them to move it and they didn't, it doesn't sound like they are the most courteous of neighbors.If you live in an area with an Home owners association(HOA), check the by-laws for it, and see if they are even allowed to have the trampoline. That may be the resolution right there. If not, and they are causing a nuisance, then you can contact the police and file reports against them. This probably won't do much, but after awhile, they may get a ticket which would force them in to court, and have a legal decision made on the tramp. If, however, someone were to use the trampoline to jump over the fence, you would not be liable for injuries. That would be when the police reports and dated copies of letters asking them to move it would come in to play. Any damage to the fence would be on them as well. If the house is being rented, your best short term option may be to contact the owner of the property, and let them know of the complaint. If its a private person, the possibility of injury liability may make them tell the people to remove the trampoline altogether. One final option is that you can look in to adding a privacy fence around your patio. It confines you a bit more, but you would still have the privacy. Other than that unfortunately, you do not have any other legal recourse. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or number from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?