Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We live in Damascus Oregon, on a 700' dead end lane with ample

Customer Question

We live in Damascus Oregon, on a 700' dead end lane with ample turn around area and easy access. The USPS has notified us they will quit all service on Dogwood lane as of July 1 this year. Want us to move mail boxes (4) to Wiese Rd (700 ft)
Problem is that My (77) wife cannot drive (vision) I'm 80 and disabled as is my neighbor lady. Their is no place to park and walk across the busy weise RD to get mail. Dogwood Ln has existed sine 1967, The mail boxes were moved 700 ft to the top of driveway in 2000 ( aprox) with USPS approval. USPS, FED-X, UPS, Sanitary & Recycle etc have had no prior problems with traversing the 700'. I feel there may be some relief under the America Disability act.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist? Please be as specific as possible, questions like "what are my rights" are almost impossible for us to answer in a way that will assist you whereas a specific question allows us to identify your specific need.