Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I live in a condominium complex with my husband and adult son.

Customer Question

I live in a condominium complex with my husband and adult son. Since our son had been a Block Watch Coordinator when we owned a house before selling it and buying the condo, the Board of Directors asked him to start a Block Watch with the Columbus OH Division of Police. We are now established and the problem is now the Property Manager is telling my son that every flyer announcing an upcoming Block Watch meeting needs Board approval. The Property Manager is also wanting a monthly update. The thing is there isn't always any update. All our Block Watch consists of is helping be the "eyes and ears". All owners/renters who have attended the meetings thus far have been instructed when they need to call 911, the non-emergency police number, etc. No one carries a gun or patrols anything. It's just simply communicating with the Block Watch Coordinator, our son, Block Watch captains informing the Coordinator and the Coordinator contacting the Police Liaison Officer as needed for direction, and having about 3 meetings a year to communicate anything people might be noticing and would need to be brought to our Liaison Officer's attention. Please advise.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the complete discussion of the situation. Do you have a specific question about it?