Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I live in NC, I live down a long driveway which is a rightofway

Customer Question

I live in NC, I live down a long driveway which is a rightofway for me to my land, but neighbor is putting up gate, can he do that? Gate with chain & padlock!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Do you actually have a recorded easement (right of way) in the local land records office?.How long have you been using the driveway?.Was this with the permission of the other owner?.Is there any other way to reach the nearest public road?..thanksBarrister