Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

We had mobile on family property. We paid rent . Got

Customer Question

We had mobile on family property. We paid rent for space. Got elevation n permit to build home. Torn down mobile home. Built home on spot. Still pay rent for lot. Home was built 4 ft above on pillars to be moved at a later date. Need title for home in order to move it. How do we get a title. Home was built with cash.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
In 51 years of practice, I've never heard of a title to a home divorced from the title to the land it sits on. If the home is not permanently attached to the land via footings,or foundation, it will be considered personal property, and possession will be the primary evidence of ownership. You wouldn't need a title to move it anymore that you would need a title to take a stove or refrigerator with you. Your receipts for building materials and written statements from construction people who worked on it would be significant evidence if it comes down to proving ownership in court. I will also say that your state has laws that are very different from the rest of the U.S. in some respects, so you should check this out with a local attorney to be certain where you stand. I hope this is helpful and that you will leave a positive rating for my assistance.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
HELLO AGAIN. I hope that my Answer has been helpful. If you need more information, please send me a Reply. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.