Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate

QUESTION} LBJ deed My home deed says quitclaim, not Ladybird deed which it supposed to

Customer Question

My home deed says quitclaim, not Ladybird deed which it
supposed to be. Is it a legal deed for beneficiaries without the
Lady bird heading ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. Can you give me more information is t his the deed to you where you acquired property??
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Sample lady bird deed form Lady Bird DeedThis Deed is made on this day of _______________, 20__, between the Grantor _________________________ of address___________________________________________________________________________and the Grantee Beneficiary _________________________ of address___________________________________________________________________________.For good and valuable consideration paid by the Grantee Beneficiary, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the Grantor does transfer and convey the following described property to the Grantee Beneficiary effective on the Grantor's death:Property Address:___________________________________________________________________________Legal Description:_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________The Grantor reserves a life estate for himself/herself during the Grantor's lifetime coupled with an unrestricted power to convey during the Grantor's lifetime, which includes the power to sell, gift, mortgage, lease and otherwise dispose of the property, and to retain the proceeds from the conveyance.EXECUTED this day of _______________, 20__.Grantor Name: _________________________Grantor Signature: _________________________STATE OF _________________________COUNTY OF _________________________On this day, personally appeared before me, _________________________, to me known to be the person(s) described in and who executed the within instrument, and acknowledged that he/she signed the same as his/her voluntary act and deed, for the uses and purposes therein mentioned.Witness my hand and official seal hereto affixed on this day of _______________, 20__.Notary's Public Signature: _________________________My commission expires _______________.