Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I amo a tenant and my lanlord is in foreclosure , I want to

Customer Question

I amo a tenant and my lanlord is in foreclosure , I want to know my rights again him and again the bank.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.1. Are you a month to month tenant or do you have a lease agreement? If you have a lease, when is it set to end?2. What stage of foreclosure is the landlord in?3. Are you still paying rent?4. By the bank, do you mean the mortgage lender---the party pursuing the foreclosure?Thanks in advance,Doug