Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I filed chapter 13 bankruptcy 3 years ago my mortgage company

Customer Question

I filed chapter 13 bankruptcy 3 years ago my mortgage company was notified they sent notification back to my attorney I was all right them I converted to a chapter 7 in February 2016 it was granted now the mortgage say I owe them and will not allow me to resume my payments your advice would be appreciated Thanks Priscilla McCullough
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today.If the debt was discharged in Chapter 7 and you would need to get copy of your creditors list then the lender should let you reaffirm the debt here.The lender would also have right to foreclose under the deed of trust but you have no deficiency they can only foreclose and take back.You really need to get papers from your filing especially where you converted and secured creditors list, and discharge so you can forward copies to the lender and try to work this out. I appreciate the chance to help you today, thanks.