Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I live in state of NY. I have in effect an easment as "a common&

Customer Question

I live in state of NY. I have in effect an easment as "a common" driveway is between myself and neighbors. I have no problem with them using the driveway, but they have over past year have begun to abuse this. EVERY weekend (they are young unmarried couple) have large drinkng parties. It is of no surprise to see at least 20-25 cars pulling in and out during nite. This past weekend another party where guests of neighbors brought 4 wheelers and dirt bikes and began running around the driveway, going also onto my back lawn as well, The individual lost controll and crashing into my picket fence. My question is: can I stop their "guests" from entering our "common driveway". It is not a necessary easment as they have a driveway before this one which allows them to access their garage . The road in question is just a way for them to have another access to their barn
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. You say that it is not really an easement. Okay - then what is it? Allow me to rephrase: who owns the piece of land on which the parties are thrown. You, or them? Is there an easement on that land - formally?