Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

Banks are required to provide lenders with a copy of a home

Customer Question

Banks are required to provide lenders with a copy of a home appraisal within 3 business days of receiving it(Dodd-Frank Act) when a mortgage has been applied for.
Is it the same when an appraisal is done to remove PMI?
It took my bank 7 weeks to provide me with a copy.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
No, but in practice a copy of the completed report is usually mailed within 30 days. Here is the portion of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act that applies: “(e) Copies furnished to applicants“(1) In general“Each creditor shall furnish to an applicant a copy of any and all written appraisals and valuations developed in connection with the applicant's application for a loan that is secured or would have been secured by a first lien on a dwelling promptly upon completion, but in no case later than 3 days prior to the closing of the loan, whether the creditor grants or denies the applicant's request for credit or the application is incomplete or withdrawn.