Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

About 10 years ago my husband and I allowed an ill friend of

Customer Question

About 10 years ago my husband and I allowed an ill friend of ours to put their travel trailer on our property while he sought medical help in Nashville. As the year went on this turned into we need a larger singlewide for him to recovery after his cancer surgery. We have a small farm with open fields and we COULD NOT TURN OUR FRIEND DOWN. Thank the Lord after surgeries and good doctors he recovered pretty well. He wanted to stay and agreed. Ken wanted to pay a few hundred a month which we thought too much and settled on him paying the taxes for the land, aprox. 1700-1800hundred a year. A few years ago he died and now we can not get his wife off of the land. Can we legally force her to remove her trailer? After his death she has purchased another house about 4 miles away for her boyfriend and it seems that she could move there. Is there any law to help us?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Do you have any written agreement with him in the form of a lease or was all this verbal?.And he moved there and lived there with your permission, correct?..thanksBarrister