Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.

My redemption period is up on my house I live in Minnesota

Customer Question

My redemption period is up on my house I live in Minnesota the mortgage company which is a bank is telling me I have to be out by midnight tonight don't they have to give me a eviction notice
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Yes, you are correct. If you do not leave the bank would have to file a forcible detainer complaint in court and you would have a hearing in 7-14 days.You may want to ask them for a "cash for keys" agreement. That would be a negotiated agreement in which they would give you money to move voluntarily so that they would not need to go to court and know they would get the property back in acceptable condition.
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.